CINCINNATI----Cincinnati Opera will host additional auditions for its 2015 Summer Festival Chorus on Saturday, December 6 and Sunday, December 7 at the Corbett Opera Center in Music Hall, 1243 Elm Street, Cincinnati, Ohio.
Email requests for an audition should include the following:
- Voice type
- Phone number
- Availability on audition dates (December 6 and 7)
- Resume detailing performance experience
- Headshots appreciated but not required
Singers should prepare two (2) contrasting arias in the original languages. An accompanist will be provided.
NOTE: Please be aware that the chorus staging for Turandot involves extended periods of kneeling, which may pose difficulty for singers with mobility concerns.
About the Cincinnati Opera Chorus
The Cincinnati Opera Chorus is a paid, professional chorus under the jurisdiction of AGMA, the American Guild of Musical Artists. Rehearsals for the 2015 Summer Festival will begin in mid-May (exact start dates TBD) and run through July 31.
Residents from outside of the greater Cincinnati area are welcome and encouraged to audition. However, applicants should be aware that most chorus members tend to be cast locally.
The 2015 Summer Festival, which runs from June 18 to July 31, will open with Giuseppe Verdi's dark tale of revenge, Il Trovatore. Next, Cincinnati Opera presents the world premiere of Ricky Ian Gordon and William M. Hoffman's Morning Star, with seven performances in the Corbett Theater at the School for Creative and Performing Arts. The season continues with two productions at Music Hall: Gaetano Donizetti's delightful Don Pasquale, and a stunning new production of Giacomo Puccini's Turandot. Cincinnati Opera will kick off the season with Opera in the Park, a free concert in Washington Park, on June 7. All performances feature the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.
For additional 2015 season and casting information, please visit www.cincinnatiopera.org.
Cincinnati Opera's 2015 Summer Festival runs June 18 through July 31, featuring Giuseppe Verdi's
Il Trovatore, the world premiere of Ricky Ian Gordon and William M. Hoffman's Morning Star, Gaetano Donizetti's Don Pasquale, and Giacomo Puccini's Turandot. The season will open with Opera in the Park, a free community concert in Washington Park, on June 7. Cincinnati Opera's 2015 season is made possible with support from ArtsWave, Ohio Arts Council, Macy's, The Louise Dieterle Nippert Musical Arts Fund, and many generous individuals, corporations, and foundations.
Latest from Editor MLT
- Presidente Obama Anuncia Estándares de Contaminación de Carbono para Plantas de Energía
- CINCINNATI OPERA ANNOUNCES NEW CENTURY CAMPAIGN & 2016 SEASON REPERTOIRE
- CSO AND RHINEGEIST BREWERY ANNOUNCE LUMENOCITY® COLLABORATION BREW
- Nueva GUÍA para Apoyar Padres lograr el éxito en la educación de sus hijos
- LATIN STARS FILL STAGE AT 86th ANNUAL LULAC NATIONAL CONVENTION
- CINCINNATI OPERA AND CCM OPERA SELECT WORK FOR WINTER 2015 OPERA FUSION: NEW WORKS RESIDENCY
- Maestro Ramón Tebar Regresa Triunfal a la Cincinnati Opera
- Cincinnati Opera Receives One of Two Revolutionary Grants from OPERA America
- Cincinnati Opera Announces 2015 World Premiere of Ricky Ian Gordon's "Morning Star"
- Cincinnati Opera Presents: Opera Goes to Church and Temple 2014